Intelligent System Research Laboratory
The aim of the Laboratory is to bring the researchers and practicing professionals working in the field of intelligent machines, soft computing and other related areas under one umbrella to enable exchange of ideas and interaction between them for advancement in this field of management, science and technology. Its objectives are to understand the computational principles underlying intelligence in man and machines and to develop methods for building computer-based systems to solve problems, to communicate with people, and to perceive and interact with the physical world. This is dedicated to pursuing research and industrial collaboration in the related areas. Fundamental research and application to engineering problems are primary focus of the research group.
Artificial Intelligence , Fuzzy Logic Based Systems, Intelligent Control systems, Evolutionary Programming, Intelligent Robots, Hybrid Approaches, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics; natural-language processing; AI engineering tools and languages; distributed systems; expert and knowledge-based systems; discourse and communication; multisource information integration; automatic theorem proving and program synthesis, Intelligent Communication Techniques, Genetic Algorithms, Evolutionary Computing, Self-Organizing Systems, Ant Colony Optimization (ACO), Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), Active Media Human-Computer Interaction, Intelligent Data Mining , Information Systems and Data Management Knowledge Engineering, Autonomic Computation, Intelligent Agent Technologies, Knowledge Representation and Integration, Web Intelligence, Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Intelligent Networks and Mobile Computing, Management Applications, Modern Business and Financial Applications, system engineering.
MATLAB with necessary toolkits, Image processing (ERDAS, ERMAPPER), LINGO, FEM analysis, FDA toolkit, Neural toolbox, GA toolkit etc.
Power Electronics and Drives R&D Laboratory:
1. dSPACE DS 1104 controller: This instrument is manufactured by the dSPACE Technology Germany and is designed to control the electric drives with the help of DS 1104 controller. A standard Pentium IV PC will be used as a host with the controller card DS 1104.
2. Induction motor –DC Machine set: Three-phase, delta connected squirrel cage induction motor (ABB Make) is coupled with DC shunt Machine.
3. Voltage Source Inverter (VSI): 3 phases IGBT based SEMIKRON Make, 600 DCV.
4. Current transducers: LEM make LA 55-P/SP1, PCB mounted type with 50/50mA current ratio.
5. Voltage Sensor: A voltage sensor LEM make of product code Voltage Transducer LV-100-1000
6. Load Bank: Siemens make lamp load bank Rating 10 Amp, 250 Volt.
7. PMBLDC Motor: 1.8 Nm, 340V, 4.73A, 5500rpm Manufactured by Parker Hannifin corporation Business Park Rohnert USA
8. Matrix Converter: 10 KVA, 3 phases IGBT based SEMIKRON Make.